Guides - Foreigners In The UK
Fri, Jun

All about Settlement visas and Indefinite Leave to remain (ILR)

If you have legal status in the UK or are a British citizen and are in a stable relationship with someone from outside the EEA (visa national) and you want your partner to come and live with you here on a permanent basis, whether you are married or not, or whether your relationship is opposite or same-sex, your partner may be eligible to apply for a settlement visa.

Once settlement visa is granted, after passing a probationary period of 2-years together in the UK, permanent settlement, i.e. indefinite leave to remain (ILR), can by applied for.