UK Visas and Immigration has published top tips for applying for a UK student visa in Hong Kong.
If you are in Hong Kong and plans to come to the UK for studies this year, then you should read the following top tips on making a Tier 4 student visa application.
• Apply as early as you can. You can apply up to 3 months in advance.
• You will need a certificate of acceptance for studies (CAS) from your chosen place of study before you make an application.
• You should read the guidance on Tier 4 student visas at www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa.
• You should know what additional supporting documents you will require for your application and allow plenty of time to get these together.
• If you are a Hong Kong SAR or BNO passport holder and applying in Hong Kong you do not need to provide education certificates or bank statements with your application, although you must be able to provide them if you are asked at a later date.
• Your bank statements should show that you have had the required maintenance funds in your bank account for at least 28 days prior to paying your student visa fee online.
• You will need a TB certificate from an approved TB test clinic.
• Some applicants might also need a Secure English Language Test certificate and/or an ATAS certificate.
• You must provide a certified translation of any documents that are not in English.
• You should complete your Tier 4 student visa application form, pay your visa fee and book an appointment at your visa application centre online at www.visa4UK.fco.gov.uk
• You should only complete your application form in English.
• Take a printed copy of your application form, your passport, a passport photo and any supporting documents that you require to your visa application centre appointment.
• As you will have completed your application online, Appendix 8 is not required.
• You should expect your visa to be processed within 15 working days. If you need it quicker, you can choose the 3-5 day priority visa service.
• Staff at the British Consulate-General and the visa application centre cannot help you with visa enquiries but go to www.gov.uk/visas-immigration for further guidance and the visa enquiry centre contact details.