How to extend your visa on basis of family or private life

Since 9th July 2012 if you wish to remain in the UK on the basis of your family or private life you must apply under one of the family or partner routes.

The UK Border Agency will not consider any application made on the basis of your family or private life under any other categories, including:
• Tier 1 (Exceptional talent);
• Tier 1 (Entrepreneur);
• Tier 1 (Investor);
• Tier 1 (General);
• Tier 1 (Graduate entrepreneur);
• Ter 2 (General);
• Tier 2 (Minister of religion);
• Tier 2 (Sportsperson);
• Tier 2 (Intra company transfer);
• Tier 4 (General);
• Tier 4 (Child);
• Tier 5 (Temporary worker – creative and sporting);
• Tier 5 (Temporary worker – charity workers);
• Tier 5 (Temporary worker – religious workers);
• Tier 5 (Temporary worker – government authorised exchange);
• Tier 5 (Temporary worker – international agreement); or
• Tier 5 (Youth mobility scheme).

If you wish us to consider an application on this basis you must apply under the correct route, using the appropriate application form:
• FLR(M) for the 5-year partner or parent route;
• FLR(O) for the 10-year partner or parent route; and
• FLR(O) for the 10-year private life route.

A request for leave to remain on the basis of family or private life will be considered under Appendix FM and paragraph 276ADE of the Immigration Rules.

Improve protection of asylum-seekers, Austria urged

Restaurant fined £10,000 for hiring illegal workers