Intra-company transfer route all set to be changed in three ways

The job has to be on graduate occupation list

17th February 2011: The intra-company transfer route is all set to be changed in three ways.
The UK Border Agency has asserted: `The job will have to be in an occupation on the graduate occupation list; only those paid £40,000 or more will be able to stay for more than a year.

`They will be granted for three years with the possibility of extending for a further two; and those paid between £24,000 and £40,000 will be allowed to come to the UK for no longer than 12 months, at which point they must leave and will not be able to re-apply for 12 months’.

The UKBA has also added intra-company transfer route is not a part of the annual limit. It added: `New details of the government’s radical changes to the work visa route were unveiled by the Home Office, as it laid out the criteria for its annual limit.

`This shake up is part of the government’s new annual limit on non-EU workers, which will take effect on 6 April. At the end of last year the Home Office announced that 20,700 visas will be made available to skilled workers applying through Tier 2 of the points-based system, as well as 1,000 visas under a new exceptional talent route.
`Under the new system, employers will have to apply for a certificate of sponsorship from the UK Border Agency for a specific post if they wish to bring someone to the UK – this is a change from the current system which gives businesses an annual allocation.

`The government has also announced that employers filling a vacancy that attracts a salary of £150,000 or more will not be subject to the limit on the number of certificate of sponsorship that may be allocated.




Teacher sprays insult, and air freshener, on Asian origin children


‘I am not seeking zero or negative net migration’: Green