Restricted course students at institutes sans Highly Trusted Sponsor licence can continue

Students can study till course completion, or expiry of permission to stay

8th April 2010:
If you are a student undertaking a restricted course at an institution that does not hold a Highly Trusted sponsor licence, you can continue to study there until you complete your course of study or their permission to stay under Tier 4 expires, whichever is sooner.

The UK Border Agency has also clarified that if the students want to extend their stay to complete their studies on an affected course, they must do so at an institution that holds a Highly Trusted sponsor licence.

Additional information on the issue can be had from the UK Border Agency’s website. All you need to do is to go to the sections for Tier 4 (General) students and sponsors.

Giving details of the `transitional arrangements for education providers’, the UKBA has asserted publicly funded institutions that were deemed to hold a Highly Trusted sponsor licence on 6 April 2010 are now listed as ‘Highly Trusted’ on the Tier 4 register of sponsors, pending their application for a Highly Trusted sponsor licence.

If they do not apply by 30 June 2010, they will lose this status and will be unable to access the Highly Trusted sponsor benefits from 1 July 2010. If you know that your institution will not need or wants to apply for a highly trusted Sponsor licence, please inform the UKBA by writing to [email protected]

If your institution did not qualify for automatic inclusion as a Highly Trusted sponsor and is currently an A-rated sponsor, you may want to apply for a Highly Trusted sponsor licence.

If you make this application by 30 April 2010, you can continue to offer restricted courses until 30 June 2010 or the date when your application is decided, whichever is sooner. If you do not apply for a Highly Trusted sponsor licence by 30 April 2010, you will not be able to offer restricted courses to Tier 4 (General) students after 1 May 2010.

Marriage visa age reduced to 18 for armed forces, partners

Home Office wants to know what immigrants think of UK