Doubts on immigration rules? Ask for advice on our forum!

Have you any doubts on how to best apply for your visa? On what documents to submit?
Questions on spouse visa applications? Overstaying?

Register on our immigration forum!

Our partner solicitors will be happy to give you a hand.

Here are a sample of our questions:

applying for 10 years long residence visa

Im an overseas student and have being doing my studies since october 2000 in uk,im hoping to apply for long residence visa as i complete 10 years lawful stay in this octber,the course i study now will finish end of august this year,therefore is it necessary that i need to enrol for another course on compleation of my current visa,pls help

Hello Raheela,
The information you provided is quite helfpful. I
want some of your help/advice in my case.
Brief Info;
I am an overstayer here
in Uk for more than 4 years came in london on a visit visa. I have been working
on cash basis so no employment record exists. Now I want to marry to a Pakistani
gild Student who does have a valid visa by the mid of next year. We both want to
marrying against our families. I dont have my parents as they passed away some
years ago. some about 1-2 years back I tried to apply for assylum but could not
proceed that.
Now I need your guidance how we can change our status suggest me
some suitable, reliable and fast process….

need help, overstay my visa by more then a year

Please help,

I have been in this country for just over 10 years, and arrived in the UK on Jan…1999
I have been on every visa there is, and was lucky not to ever had any problems with my applications,
I started with a 2 year working holiday, then a student visa for 18 months, then a visitors visa for 6 months, then finally a work permit for 5 years,
But unfortunately I mist out on qualifying for indefinite leave to remain…



Migrant & Refugee Woman of the Year Award launched


Doro Wett – Ethiopian Chicken Stew