Basis Project National Conference – 24th January 2012, Birmingham
The Basis Project, partnership project led by Refugee Council and Refugee Action, is an England-wide service giving one-to-one support to hundreds of refugee community organisations (RCOs) to help them manage, develop and sustain their work.
On Monday, January 23rd, Basis Project will be holding a national conference, in Birmingham, that will bring together refugee community organisations, refugee support and infrastructure support organisations and funders to explore ways forward from the current challenges for RCO development.
The conference is a day for RCOs to share inspiration and learning, and an opportunity to build relationships between each other and with other agencies. Facilitated conversations and activities will enable participants to meet, share and build new links.
The Basis National Conference is above all an event for RCOS: a day when RCOs can come together and learn from each other. It is also a day to increase communication and learning between RCOs and other organisations and funders.
This event is free and travel and childcare expenses will be covered for refugee community organizations.
Speakers include: Donna Covey (Refugee Council Chief Executive), Elizabeth Balgobin (Chair of Voice4England), Micheline Safi Ngogo (Light Project International), Sirak Berhe (Investing in People and Culture), Atiha Chaudry (Chair, Greater Manchester BME Network). More speakers to be confirmed!
- Social Enterprise run by David Ndiwanyu, The Nile African Development
- Collaboration: united voice run by Anna Musgarve, Refugee Council and Beatrice Botomani, Bradford Refugee Forum
- Social Media run by Nick Mickinski, MRCF
- Community Research run by Jan Crawley, South West Foundation
- Commissioning run by Fiona Sheil, NCVO, Kaveh Kalantari, Iranian Association, and Andy Pallas, TactCare
- Reaching the Media run by Nazek Ramadan and Anne Stoltenberg, Migrant Voice
- Community Involvement run by Janice Marks, Federation for Community Development Learning
- Diversifying your Income run by Fergal McCullough, Refugee Action
More workshops on collaboration for service delivery and creative volunteering to be confirmed soon!
Date: Tuesday 24th January 2012
Time: 11.00 – 16.30
Venue: Macdonald Burlington Hotel, Burlington Arcade,
126 New Street, Birmingham, B2 4JQ
TO BOOK YOUR PLACE:
To reserve your place complete the booking form, or to find out more contact [email protected] or call Basis Project on 020 7346 1297 This event is free. Travel and childcare expenses will be covered for refugee community organisations
Read more on: Basis Project National Conference – 24th January 2012