in

Old time immigrants for cap on fresh arrivals

They believe country is getting overpopulated with Europeans arriving

6th May 2010: The issue of putting a cap on immigration issue is finding favour with a section of immigrants, also.

The run up to the general elections has revealed the immigrants putting up in Britain since long believe the country is getting “over-populated” because of the new wave of immigration.

The shift, with far reaching consequences, is significant and could affect the fate of the candidates in several constituencies, as so far vociferous challengers of large-scale immigration have traditionally been white, native-born Britons.

It is now emerging that some of the immigrants, who arrived in the UK from Asian and other countries in one of early waves of migration in the 1960s believe the country is getting overpopulated with too many people coming in from everywhere, especially Europe

They feel immigrants, such as Poles, were taking over jobs from the children and grandchildren of previous generation of immigrants.

In Britain since long, they believe it’s their own country, are see the newly arrived immigrants from Europe as outsiders; and insist it’s up to the government to put a cap on it.

As of now Britain is subject to its labor laws, as part of the European Union. It guarantees free movement of workers among member nations. Legal Pole migrants account for 40 per cent of the inflow in Britain; remaining 60 per cent are foreigners, some of them illegal immigrants.

A conservation government will see drastic slash in annual immigration into Britain. The party believes the immigration is ‘too high’; and will be cut down to levels last witnessed in the mid-90s.

Labour government has categorically ruled out the possibility of setting an upper limit on the number of migrants, while A Lib-dem election government will see illegal immigrants becoming British citizens, if they speak English, have a clean record and want to live here long-term.

topping_pies_logo.jpg

Who wants ‘British jobs for British people’, with immigrants contributing?

Back home, immigrants’ families watch fortunes change for kin in UK