Why you must have a valid passport before applying for leave to remain in UK

Biometric Residence Permit

The Home Office now require every applicant to have a passport, travel doc or National ID card in order to make an application for leave to remain.

Therefore, if your passport is lost, stolen, etc., you should apply for a new one from your Embassy /High Commission in good time to renew your Home Office application.

Without a valid passport, the Home Office will most likely reject your application.

Following a new Home Office policy any application rejected as invalid will incur an administration charge of £25.

By Rachel Toussaint, Immigration Solicitor,
Rogols Legal Consultancy

Disclaimer: The above article is meant to be relied upon as an informative article and in no way constitutes legal advice. Information is offered for general information purposes only, based on the current laws. You should always seek advice from a qualified solicitor on any specific legal enquiry. For legal advice regarding your case, please contact Rogols Legal Consultancy for a Consultation with a Solicitor on  0121 448 9255.

I’m an overstayer but my partner has applied for discretionary leave to remain. Can I apply to remain in UK on the basis of my family life?

Solicitor: What to do if Home Office rejects your UK visa application


modern slavery

UK calls for global action to end modern slavery

Refugees in Greece

Refugee Council criticizes EU’s system for protecting refugees