in

Bitter chocolate ad: Campbell’s every option includes legal action

The 40-year-old is considering "every option available" 3rd June 2011: Reports have started to trickle in that the bitter chocolate ad, laced with a tinge of “racism”, is making supermodel Naomi Campbell consider the feasibility of initiating action Cadbury.
Image
Evan as Cadbury is claimed that the controversial advertisement was pulled before the British supermodel’s complaint, she is reportedly set to take legal action against confectioners.

The CNN has reported that the 40-year-old is considering "every option available"

So far Campbell has not confirmed online reports that she would be calling for a boycott of Cadbury products. But the supermodel has told CNN:  "I am considering every option available to me."

In a written statement sent to CNN Tuesday, Campbell said she was shocked at the ad. "It’s upsetting to be described as chocolate, not just for me, but for all black women and black people as a race," Campbell said. "I do not find any humour in this, it is insulting and hurtful."

Cadbury, owned by the United States giant Kraft, is currently facing the chances of a black boycott for comparing Campbell to a chocolate bar in its new advertising campaign, which ran in newspapers last week.
Image
The advert says: "Move over Naomi – there is a new diva in town."

Accusing the company of racism, she has expressed her displeasure at her name being used in the strap line to promote the new chocolate bar Bliss.

Change of guidance results in “amnesty” for asylum seekers: House of Commons Report

‘There is no amnesty’: Green