I am British: any problems to marry my Indian fiancé and obtain a marriage certificate?

QUESTION: I am British and am going to marry my lover who is an Indian from India. Where do I get marriage certificate, from India? I am British so is there going to be any problem in marrying him and obtaining a marriage certificate?

ANSWER: With regards to your enquiry, you will obtain your marriage certificate from the place where you registered your marriage. It is therefore important to check that you prior to conducting the ceremony that the marriage is legal. Provided your partner is free to marry, the different nationalities should not have a bearing upon this. Please note that for the purposes of the immigration rules, just because you marry one another, this does not necessarily mean that he will be granted leave to enter the UK upon this basis. Each application is subject to assessment.
I hope this answers your query and assists with the same, however, in the event that you require further information, please do not hesitate in contacting us.
We wish you all the best.
Many thanks
Kind Regards

Paljinder Bath

Litigation Executive
DBS Law Limited

E  :   [email protected]

T  :   0121 374 2284 Direct Dial
T  :   0844 27 70 800
F  :   0844 27 70 801
W :


UKBA officers commended for cracking sham marriage scam

2,000 illegal migrants removed from UK